Far Too Cute: Musings about fashion and beauty

A blog all about covetable, charming, and far too cute fashion, beauty products, and accessories in Boston and beyond. See my vintage store at www.Far2Cute.com!

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

T-Shirt Temptress


Though my job may not have fancy health benefits or 401K programs (welcome to the life of freelancing!), the one thing it does have going for it is the dress code. I can sport jeans and a tank everyday with nary a second glance regarding my clothing choices from coworkers. But, this fashion freedom does come with a price. While dressing for the corporate world can be a hassle, "dressing down" for the job brings its own sets of challenges. (It's true--don't laugh!) For instance, there is a difference between "casual wear" and looking like you just rolled out of bed. For me, the bottom-half is easy...keep jeans hole-free, in a dark wash, and designer. It's the top-half that sometimes has me pulling my hair out. You see, I'm a sucker for soft, cotton t-shirts. But, I hate plain tees (boring...). I love a graphic, silk screened print that is a bit quirky and totally unique. Thus, starting in June, I begin my hunt for the perfect summer t-shirts. This year, I found plenty. One of my favorites is from designer Elaine Perlov. In her "T & Pants T", Elaine combined her own logo with a 1950's menswear ad. The result? Fabulous. I love how masculinity and femininity play off each other. And, at $36, the price fits easily into my "work clothing" budget.

7 Comments:

Blogger morgan said...

wow, i simply adore your clothing for sale
keep up the good work....

8:34 PM  
Blogger clothes-pin said...

Hmmm. I'm more of a layered plain tee shirt kind of gal but this is sooo cute!

9:03 AM  
Anonymous risa said...

love this!

1:43 PM  
Anonymous Elaine said...

hey thanks nikki! i just saw this!! stores have been ordering this piece a lot lately, and i have been selling it a lot at the Market in NoLita. good pick.

7:29 AM  
Blogger Funky Finds said...

love this tee!

12:21 PM  
Blogger kigogal said...

This is a groovy T. I have to wear a suit for work, but am thinking this T would be EXTRA fun to wear under my jacket on slightly casual Fridays. :-) wonder where I can get it out here in Oregon......

9:28 AM  
Anonymous Elaine said...

kigogal, click on the link in the article. it takes you right to the tee where you can order at the touch of a button. web shopping! (or click on my name and click t-shirts, etc.)

1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home