Far Too Cute: Musings about fashion and beauty

A blog all about covetable, charming, and far too cute fashion, beauty products, and accessories in Boston and beyond. See my vintage store at www.Far2Cute.com!

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Bellamuse

I love love love finding new stationery. I am definitely the type of person who buys tons and tons of note cards and then stashes them in a drawer to only look at from time to time. Like a designer pair of shoes that you don't want to wear outside for fear of scuffing, I am almost afraid to mail out gorgeous cards because of what the post office may do to the pretty letter pressing.

To cutback on my stationery shopping tendencies, I have decided that any note cards that I buy must either be sent out immediately or get framed and put somewhere inside my home. One artist that will definitely go into the latter category is BellaMuse. BellaMuse was established in 2003 by artist and typographer Alicia Peck. Alicia's work draws upon a love of writing, whimsy, humor and antique illustrations. For you lucky New Yorkers, Alicia has an art stand in SOHO on the weekends. Look at her lovely cards!


1. Have expensive luggage, will travel.












2. All dressed up.
















3. You saucy saucy tart.







6 Comments:

Blogger Chloe said...

Oh I so know what you mean! I have tons of notecards stashed away in a drawer! I made my wedding invitations and sent them out a few weeks ago and totally feared what that post office would do. Especially the international ones. Enough to have nightmares over, I swear!

7:21 AM  
Blogger Lavish Magazine said...

Are you KRazy?! Use that stationery! I'm a graphic designer (day-job) and I'm in love with fab stationery. Have you checked out Matthew Williamson's line? I've even silk-screened my own, and I make sure to use them up. I even use it to write letters to friends! People really do appreciate a letter on fine-crafted paper.

8:50 AM  
Blogger chippamunkey said...

Well after a very lonngg time I am back on here. I have been reading over your blog, and bow did I miss a lot! great job!

I love love love these notecards. I am the same with cards I get from people, even if they are horrendous. I can't throw them away, so I have this huge stack of greeting cards. haha.

btw. I had to stop new--old--fashion, but have been keeping up an illustration blog if your intersted..

-Ceije

9:22 AM  
Anonymous Jessica said...

I am the exact same way. I have a whole box full of cards that I haven't yet touched and feel a little weary about sending out to people. i am not as afarid of the post office as I am of my friends, will they love it as much as I do?!

big dilemma!

8:58 AM  
Blogger Abby said...

I posted about Bellamuse on my blog too! :) I am also addicted to buying pretty cards and framing them. I loved how the Bellamuse ones look like a series if you group them together. I can tell you have great taste!

7:24 AM  
Anonymous NB said...

oh, nik, i'm the same way. the only time i really ever use note cards it to write my thank-you notes (thanks, mom!). btw, have you seen b designs? i am in love with their cards - so simple but so lovely: http://www.bdesignsinc.com/.

9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home