Far Too Cute: Musings about fashion and beauty

A blog all about covetable, charming, and far too cute fashion, beauty products, and accessories in Boston and beyond. See my vintage store at www.Far2Cute.com!

Monday, August 07, 2006

Own a piece of fashionista history


Celebrity auctions seem to be the hot new thing right now. Tori Spelling is offering up her used clothes on Ebay and Cher is throwing a garage sale party in October. But, neither of these actresses hold a candle to the ultimate auction item going up for bid this winter. On December 5th, Christies in London will be selling the black dress worn by Audrey Hepoburn in Breakfast at Tiffany's!! The dress is expected to fetch somewhere between £50,000 and £70,000 when sold and all proceeds will go to a charity which helps under privileged people in India.

7 Comments:

Blogger TessaJ said...

Other than the fact that I couldn't afford it (and it probably wouldn't fit me!) I'd just about die to own this dress. Wow.

3:36 PM  
Blogger kigogal said...

Ohhhh, I wish I was a size ZERO! Because if I spent that much cash on a dress, I'd really want to wear it! :-)

7:17 PM  
Blogger joannsdaily.com said...

Cool~ Love your blog! I'll definitely come back for MORE..Thanks for sharing :D

9:03 AM  
Blogger chippamunkey said...

I would DIEEEE for that dress.. well not literally but you know what I mean. I can imagine having it cased in my living.. my very very tiny living room.

10:12 PM  
Blogger Nikki said...

Yep, apparently Miss Hepburn had a 24 inch waist. TINY!!

4:39 PM  
Anonymous Ivy said...

If I was in position to buy this dress I would wear it to all important coctails and parties and I would deffinetly brag about it once being worn by THE Audrey Hepburn. She's the cutest and nicest celebrity ever.

5:13 AM  
Blogger Dinah said...

I think I would have it framed and put into my dressing room.... First I have to obtain the cash for the dress and well the dressing room... I would love it could go in a museum so all could see it.

9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home