Far Too Cute: Musings about fashion and beauty

A blog all about covetable, charming, and far too cute fashion, beauty products, and accessories in Boston and beyond. See my vintage store at www.Far2Cute.com!

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Take that New York!


For the first time...(in about ummmm FOREVER) Boston receives the first U.S. store of a major international designer. That's right, Marimekko is coming to Cambridge!! After reading about the soon-to-be opening in the Boston Globe I nearly fell off my deskchair. Last March, the company launched a campaign of flagship stores internationally located in Japan, Sweden, Norway, Portugal, and Belgium. These so-called "concept" stores sell exclusively Marimekko products and Marimekko Cambridge is the first US store to be part of the initiative. (Yes, there is an existing Marimekko store in New York but it is not considered a concept store.) So ha! Boston isn't sooo behind the times (at least we're in the 21st century at this point.)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read a lot of blogs like this, and I'm always really surprised to see if anyone have post something that has something to do with Finland.

Like in this case this post was about Marimekko.

If I walk like five minutes away from my home, there would be a Marimekko boutique. They're everywhere :)

7:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm curious: where do you live such that there's a Marimekko store all over? Would that be in the US (e.g., Hawaii) or are you referring to shops that carry Marimekko?

3:42 PM  
Blogger freshpinkstyle said...

San Francisco needs one. I am jealous.

11:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautifull Blog! I have seen a beautifull fashion accessory store- www.antiquepashmina.com with lot of new concepts and designs.
www.Antique Pashmina.com

10:34 PM  
Anonymous Sydney Lawyers said...

floral but not too much still pretty

6:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home